Monday, June 28, 2010

Recycling!

My family has a habit of recycling. No, not tin cans and stuff, but whenever we can save by reusing old stuff, we do.

I'M BRILLIANT!

We even save bags and wrapping paper from holidays just so we can reuse them later. I've had Santa Claus on my birthday gifts since I was 4 years old. My birthday is in July. As you can guess, this lead to some confusion in my young mind.

The largest difference it made is at the REAL Christmas. It became a problem when my parents started using old boxes for new gifts. Usually it wound up that we would get gifts that we totally did not expect.


IT'S A TARP!

SHE R DISAPPOINT!

It then became sort of a game for my parents to play on us. They would start switching it up every so often. Like once, my father bought a monitor and kept it in the box then gave it to me. When I looked at the box, I became sad because I thought that I was NOT going to get this monitor. It was kinda like this when I opened the box:

I swear I heard angels singing.

The next 3 weeks were like this:

There were so many new colors in high resolution...

It appeared as if my parents had discovered a new way to hide their gifts while at the same time saving money! It was cruel, unusual, and there was no counter to this move. It was like mashing buttons while playing Soul Caliber.

And so we live through are holidays without knowing what is inside each gift. We have a saying for it now. "Don't trust the box!"

It lures you into a false sense of security











P.S. My brother received a birthday gift from my mom yesterday. It was in a bag that said "It's a Baby!" and was obviously stolen from my sister's baby shower. The contents of the bag? A backpack that doubles as a giant water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment